At BiblioCommons we build SaaS solutions for public libraries directly impacting the lives of millions and fostering learning, literacy and culture within the digital world. We thrive in an environment where collaboration is valued and our teams are constantly working to improve our product through user research, client interaction, and the input of our creative staff.
Bibliocommons is looking for a talented software quality engineer to help design, build, and implement quality assurance strategies and test cases that ensure our library catalogue platform and applications comply with design requirements and provide best quality library catalogue experience for the millions who use our products.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Design test strategies, test plans, and test cases to ensure our software complies with our design and functionality requirements across all areas
- Thoroughly test products through all phases of the development life cycle (functional testing, regression/integration testing, stress and reliability testing, and performance testing)
- Contribute to continuous process improvements that increase the efficiency of QA and development; participate in code reviews and influence where appropriate
- Review user interfaces for conformity and functionality and represent the interest of users and customers through relentless pursuit of a quality product.
- Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through to resolution
- Collaborate with Development & Product Owner teams effectively to improve our software development life cycle process and deliver quality software
- Help guide releases through the entire process from planning, analysis of PRDs, QA entrance, testing activities, and QA release to production
What you’ll bring to the team:
- 2+ years of experience with Quality Engineering or Testing of web applications
- Experience with Test processes and QA methodologies, test case generation and strong understanding of the software development process
- Understanding of test areas such as functional, performance, and security testing
- Experience influencing requirements and design to improve quality, system performance and testability
- Familiarity with Source Control Systems including Git and Subversion
- Good troubleshooting instincts and skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with WCAG 2.0 Accessibility testing
- Passion for working with consumer-facing web applications
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
What can you expect from us?
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Challenging and exciting projects that are used by millions of users
- Annual company wide events, monthly lunches, weekly demos and beer Fridays
- Company sponsored Professional development program tailored to you
- Extremely positive work environment where people are passionate about their work
- Beautiful open concept office in the heart of downtown
- Free snacks, drinks, etc.
About Engineering at BiblioCommons
BiblioCommons offers an opportunity to work in an environment that combines the challenges and complexity of a large-scale, data-intensive application with the creativity and fun of a sophisticated consumer web offering, central to the daily web interactions of millions of users.
We’re a highly collaborative team that applies innovative solutions to challenging problems. We believe strongly in shipping code early and often, and investing heavily in automation to make that possible. We’re also committed to doing things right and always looking for ways to do them better. We take the time to optimize and redesign systems that aren't robust and scalable.
BiblioCommons is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.