We’re looking for a full stack PHP Developer passionate about shipping elegant, high-performance web interfaces, and who takes pride and motivation in being part of an innovative team that is the leader in their industry.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Write and customize WordPress plugins and themes
- Collaborate with a talented and passionate team to build next generation social features
- Develop efficient and reusable front-end architectures
- Participate in design, code review, and best practices discussions
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Demonstrated experience building highly responsive consumer web application interfaces at scale
- Strong foundation in interaction design principles and web accessibility standards
- Deep knowledge of CSS-based design and cross-browser compatibility
- Solid understanding of web technologies (HTTP, Apache) and familiarity with Unix/Linux
- Experience using MySQL or a similar RDBMS
- Familiarity with continuous integration and Docker containers is a plus
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
What can you expect from us?
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Challenging and exciting projects to work on, used by millions of users
- Quality Macbook Pro for your development
- Professional development program
- 3 weeks of vacation
- Company-wide weekly demos with team members, snacks
- Extremely positive and fun environment to work
- Awesome teammates who are passionate about what they do
About Engineering at BiblioCommons
BiblioCommons offers an opportunity to work in an environment that combines the challenges and complexity of a large-scale, data-intensive application with the creativity and fun of a sophisticated consumer web offering, central to the daily web interactions of millions of users.
We’re a highly collaborative team that applies innovative solutions to challenging problems. We believe strongly in shipping code early and often, and investing heavily in automation to make that possible. We’re also committed to doing things right and always looking for ways to do them better. We take the time to optimize and redesign systems that aren't robust and scalable.
BiblioCommons is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.